The best expression of the farm’s philosophy. It surprises for its longevity and and its nose evolution during the first days after opening: a continuous discovery of scents which are released in time.
La Cascinetta vineyard, among the oldest of La Raia, over 70 years old, is located approximately 400 metres above sea level on a sout, south-west exposed promontory, particularly suited for farming of the indigenous Cortese vine variety. The well drained, sandy and loose soil limits the vegetative vigour, the production of the vines and it allows to obtain extraordinary quality grapes. As for the biodynamic principles the vineyards are only treated with moderate quantities of sulphur and copper. The cure of the soil aims to the best microbiological and nutritional balance, granting a deep fertility.
The grapes and the wine making
The grapes present a good aromatic complement, an important sugar and acidity and conditions necessary to produce a great white wine of remarkable pleasantness.
Grapes are selected on the branch and handpicked after the second half of September, before undertaking a soft pressing. The static decantation of the must is done without any oenological additives and happens at a low temperature. The moderate contact with the oxygen and the care devoted to all the transformation phases exalt the original features of the vine and the terroir. The alcoholic fermentation lasts approximately 20/25 days, at a controlled temperature. The wine is left on native yeasts in stainless steel tanks for 20 months before being cold stabilized and then bottled. The prolonged period on the lees makes this wine long-lived, and able to evolve even when uncorked and again in the glass.
Evolution after uncorking
Once the bottle is opened the wine will preserve for 4/5 days. During this period of time we can notice a very slow evolution, passing from fruity and floral notes to mineral and citrus notes.
COLOUR: brilliant light straw yellow, with slight greenish hints.
AROMA: broad and intense, with complex feelings and flower notes, accompanied by ripe fruit, pear and honey.
MOUTHFEEL: very rich, warm and harmonic, with a moderate, but present, acidity, justly savoury and with a persistent, warm finish.
ALCOHOL CONTENT: 12,5%
Excellent with all seafood, which compliments its saltiness and fleshy delicacy. It is the perfect match also for vegetable risotto and medium aged cheese.
Best served: Between 11° and 13° C.
If stored in a cool dry place, and in the dark, at 10°/18° C, bottles keep unaltered for 6/8 years.
The ecosystem of the Pisé vineyard
La Cascinetta’s vineyards are all over 20 years old. The ideal disposition south-south/west of the vines favours a complete and constant maturation of the grapes. The soil is dry, sandy and with a characteristic light colour. It is well drained and de-grassed from springtime to the end of summer.
- Slow Wine 2017: Typical almond finish
- Bibenda 2017: Four Grapes
- Vini d’Italia 2017, Le Guide de L’Espresso: The sip beats by the double track of intensiveness and agreableness
- I vini di Veronelli 2017: Two Stars
- Vinibuoni d’Italia 2017: Three Stars
- Gambero Rosso 2017: 2 red Glasses
- Vitae. La guida vini 2017: Great profile wine
- Cantine d’Italia 2017: Top wine
- I Vini di Veronelli 2016: 2 stars
- I vini d’Italia 2015, le Guide de L’Espresso: Wine of excellence. First in the denomination ranking
- I vini di Veronelli 2015: Excellent wine
- Bibenda 2015: Four grapes
- Guida Essenziale ai Vini d’Italia: 90/100
- Gambero Rosso 2015: Two glasses
- Vini buoni d’Italia 2015: Two stars
- Annuario dei Migliori Vini Italiani 2015: 82/100
- I vini d’Italia 2014, Le Guide de L’Espresso: Wineof excellence, first in the denomination ranking
- I vini di Veronelli 2014: Excellent wine
- Tre bicchieri 2014 Gambero Rosso:Two glasses
- Bibenda 2014:Four grapes
- Annuario dei migliori vini italiani 2014: 84/100
- I vini buoni d’Italia 2014: Four stars
The best expression of the farm’s philosophy
The best expression of the farm’s philosophy. It surprises for its longevity and evolution on the nose during the days after opening: a continuous discovery of scents which are released in time.
It embodies the terroir’s tradition
It embodies the terroir’s tradition. Grapes are handpicked slightly ripe, with a golden yellow colouring. A complex aroma of ripe fruit, honey and candied fruit characterizes the wine obtained.
The Gavi which interprets the tradition
The Gavi which interprets the tradition of the terroir and identifies the typical characteristics of the Cortese vine variery from which it originates.
This wine is produced only in exceptional vintages.
The selection of the best vines from the local oldest vineyards. This wine is produced only in exceptional vintages. It is refined in barriques for 20 months and can age in the bottle for over 10 years.
The typical red wine from Piedmont
The typical red wine from Piedmont. It has the right balance between freshness and acidity.